Friday, October 30, 2009

Farewell Henrik

Henrik Larsson, retired from football this week.

Larsson, the famed Swedish striker, who played for a number of clubs but most notably Celtic, is hanging up his boots at the age of 38.

As a fan of soccer, but also of forward play because I am a forward myself, Larsson was one of the players who I always modeled my play after. His time at Celtic was magic. As someone who was just becoming a big  fan  that time, he inspired me a lot. 

He was never the biggest guy, or the most naturally talented but he could score goals as well as anyone who I have ever seen play. Still a legend at Celtic, Larsson is a massive hero in Scotland and will be forever.

The game will be lessened without him but we can always remember the great moments he provided 

Thanks for the memories, Hank.

No comments:

Post a Comment